Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What to do with Dried Cranberries

After Christmas dried cranberries were on sale, and I mean ON SALE. I couldn't resist. I knew that if I bought them, I'd find something to do with them. So, last month I thought I should figure out what to do with those silly dried cranberries. I could have sworn that I'd seen some ideas on a fellow foodie blog and I found plenty!

I am excited to say that I tried the Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries and White Chocolate! Now, what's the title of this blog? Oh, yes, Discovering DELICIOUS. That's exactly what these are, delicious. I've been itching to make them again, and I know that if I see dried cranberries on sale they have a purpose in cookies.

Photo provided by twopeasandtheirpod.com
Ingredients:
½ c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 c. oats
1 cup of dried cranberries
White chocolate- I chopped up good white chocolate, but you can use white chocolate chips too! I used about 1 cup or so.

Directions:
1. With a mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth. Mix in eggs, and vanilla.  In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in slowly to wet ingredients. Add your oats, cranberries, and white chocolate.

2. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes! Don’t let them get too done…they are better when they are soft! **I used dark cookie sheets and given variations in ovens I baked them at 350.

No comments: