Sunday, January 1, 2012

Home Savory Home

After many days and nights away from home I get a little cranky and tired and I long for some good home cookin. With time I have come to recognize the things my mind and body need. I have no shame in telling you one of these things is milk. I will go out of my way now to buy milk for those we stay with, namely my papa. It helps me feel like I'm getting some of the nutrition I need. Milk, it does a body good.

After a wonderful holiday I needed a traditional Sunday dinner to start the week/year off right. I chose to make a roast and serve it with potatoes and a green salad. How can you go wrong?! I like to cook my roast in the crockpot because it is easy, the clean up is quick, and the roast doesn't dry out like it can in the oven. Here's an easy way to season it.

Mom's Roast
Ingredients
  • A good quality roast. All your meals will turn out better when you choose good meat.
  • 8 teaspoon dried onion
  • 4 teaspoon beef boullion
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions

  1. Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl.
  2. Sprinkle seasoning over roast in pan.
  3. Cook roast.
  4. Enjoy!

The leftovers served us well for 2 more meals. You can also use this as onion soup mix by itself or in other recipes.

*Depending on the size of the roast and your personal preferences you can cut the seasoning measurements in half. Make more or less according to your liking.

No comments: